At our school, we strongly believe that Physical Education is a fundamental part of children’s development. We aim to provide a fun and engaging curriculum where children are exposed to a variety of activities, enhancing their skills and developing a positive attitude to fitness and well-being. Within our PE sessions, children are encouraged to work as a team, developing positive attitudes and building their self-esteem.
We aim to:
- Develop confidence, skills and knowledge
- Be proud of achievements
- Promote fair play and respect
- Encourage children to live healthy, active lifestyles
- Promote life-long participation in sport
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Provide quality opportunities for children outside of school time
PE is taught twice weekly in all year groups. One lesson is taught by the class teacher and the second is taught by Charlie (Ace Sports Development) alongside the class teachers. We also provide numerous afterschool opportunities including: gymnastics, football, multi-sports and dance.