Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Part-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: 11,422- £11,586, £8.76 per hour
Hours of Work: 25 hours - Monday to Friday, hours negotiable
Suitable for a job share: Yes
We are looking for an applicant:
- Who is a dedicated, reliable and friendly person who will take pride in their work and the appearance of our school
- Who is pro-active, likes to work as part of a team, but also able to work on their own initiative
- Who possesses a good range of DIY skills and basic literacy and numeracy skills
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a supportive and friendly staff team
- Training and development opportunities
Duties will include:
- Unlocking and locking the site at the start and end of the day.
- Ensuring health and safety is a priority at all times, working with the Headteacher and other staff to carry out the regular health and safety checks, assessments and records required (e.g. COSHH, legionella, fire alarm systems, etc.)
- Being a keyholder and a named contact for emergency situations.
- Liaising with contractors as necessary.
- Ordering cleaning stock.
- Keeping the grounds tidy, eg., emptying bins, sweeping leaves and sweeping areas as necessary.
- General repairs and minor works as required within the school.
- Moving furniture and stock items as required.
- The Caretaker will be required to undertake regular training and comply with health and safety standards. The role may include working at height on occasion
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. If you are interested in this position, please contact the school office, by phone on 023 80252655 to arrange a visit.
Chandler's Ford Infant School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Train to Teach
Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership website
Chandler's Ford Infant School is a partner school in the Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership. We are delighted to be offering teacher training primary placements here starting in September 2018. If you are interested in training to teach, please follow this link to find out what the SCITT offers and to see details of who to contact for further information.