PART TIME CLASS TEACHER TO COVER MATERNITY
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher for ideally 2 ½ days per week to cover a Key Stage 1 maternity leave. This position is open to experienced candidates as well as NQT’s. We are a 2 form entry infant school at the heart of Chandler’s Ford. We have good community links and a strong relationship with our feeder Junior School as well as other local schools. Our children are friendly, fun and hard-working. We are well-resourced for the curriculum both indoors and outdoors. Our parents are supportive and friendly.
We are looking for an excellent practitioner who is creative, organised and able to work as part of a team. The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
· A strong team player
· Experience of Key Stage 1 or Early Years
· Ability to manage other adults in the classroom, LSA’s, parents and students.
· Willingness to develop own professional development
· Ability to plan for SEN learners
· Ability to motivate and challenge 'Higher Attaining' children.
· Show initiative to take ownership of areas of planning.
· Understand the value of working with parents
· Sense of humour!
In return we can offer a supportive, friendly team, a rich well-planned curriculum and enthusiastic, hard-working children. If you are considering applying, we would encourage you to visit the school, where you are assured of receiving a warm welcome.
· Knowledge & understanding of creative uses of ICT to enrich learning and ability to support ICT learning of others in team.
· Ability to vary own teaching and learning strategies to meet the needs of the class
· Able to vary behaviour management strategies to meet the needs of children
· Knowledge and understanding of Primary National Curriculum
· Evidence of collaboration, reflective of own performance
· Prepared to support in school fund-raising and social events.
· Understanding/experience of effective provision for SEN and 'More Able'
· Ability to lead by example and motivate others.
Chandler's Ford Infant School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Please use the following link for the application form
Train to Teach
Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership website
Chandler's Ford Infant School is a partner school in the Hampshire LEARN SCITT Partnership. We are delighted to be offering teacher training primary placements here starting in September 2018. If you are interested in training to teach, please follow this link to find out what the SCITT offers and to see details of who to contact for further information.